Prof. Hanson's Organic Chemistry Study Questions
Combined Chemical Dictionary (look up physical data on cmpds)
Useful Spectroscopy Handouts
- IR Correlation Chart
- IR Overtone Chart
- MS Br & Cl Pattern Chart (includes IR OOP patterns for alkenes)
- NMR Shift Chart
Recommended Links to Organic Chemistry Topics
- Nomenclature & Isomerism
- IUPAC Nomenclature
- Organic Chemistry Info - an excellent compilation of useful and often hard to find data.
- Sites to find other Organic Chemistry Sites
- Organic Chemistry Resources Worldwide
- Organic Chemistry Help eMediately
- Virtual Textbook of Organic Chemistry
- WebSpectra (from UCLA) - very good problems in IR and NMR, but not for beginners!
- Organic Structure Elucidation Workbook (from Notre Dame) - more good problems with lots of data provided, so they are more straightforward than the UCLA site.
- Professor McDougal's Organic Spectroscopy Online (at Boise State University). This is probably the best place for additional practice problems, because they are set up in levels of increasing difficulty. The various problem sets download as PowerPoint files which print at very high resolution. Solutions can also be downloaded, as can tutorials and quizzes. Chemistry 120 students: I recommend the following problems for practice after you have mastered the problems in the book and in the packet I provide in class. Data Set #1: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10. Data Set #2: 6, 7, 11. Data Set #4: 4, 6, 7. Data Set #5: 3, 7. These are comparable to the types of problems you will see in class and on exams.
Last updated Friday, January 25, 2013 . Contents & layout copyright 2013 Prof. Bryan Hanson